Video management solutions seamlessly integrate all monitoring components into an advanced turnkey solution that provides customers with extreme features and value. Often they:
• Integrate an intuitive user interface: VMS provides an intuitive graphical user interface to simplify the user experience while supporting security best practices. Users can choose from a wide selection of display configurations, including split screens and multiple resolution options.
• Enable End-to-End Management: VMS is a hub of intelligent features and functions that combine network cameras, encoders, DVRs, and NVRs, and combines them into an extremely powerful and cost-effective CCTV -end security management.
• Incorporate advanced features: VMS allows administrators to import site maps and overlay them with icons representing the locations of the installed cameras. Operators can retrieve and view recorded videos for additional information.
• Provide alarm management: VMS integrates an alarm management function. Icons can be set to appear whenever there is an event related to an alarm, thus facilitating quick surveillance (and action) of live images from the camera closest to the camera. ;incident.
• Provide real-time management: VMS provides a real-time event viewer with an event log. This log can be sorted by camera (number, location or type) or event (time or type) for further analysis and proof.
• Provides easy integration: Operators can easily register and integrate new devices into the VMS and periodically check the health of all devices in the network for 24-hour security.
In a growing sector like security and surveillance, camera manufacturers must radically change the way innovative security solutions are delivered. A commitment to industry standards, as well as multiple integration options, a highly distributed network architecture and cloud storage options, which are highly sought after. Let's take a look at some of the other advanced features that transform the video management space:
• Encryption: At a time when hackers are looming on the horizon and the threat of threats to cybersecurity is daunting, encryption has become a major requirement. The modern VMS system enables encrypted communication between surveillance cameras over a secure HTTPS connection, improving content security and reducing the risk of hacking.
• Advanced search: Sorting millions of tons of data is often a long (and unnecessary) process. Modern VMS have advanced search options, which greatly reduces investigation time and allows for quick identification of suspicious activities, people, objects and events. Choose from motion search, image search or text search and retrieve the required content in no time.
• Real Time Maps: With VMS, you can get faster navigation to the cameras using their physical location and easily view the layout of a location using the maps feature. Get a list of all the maps on the server, zoom in and out, view health indicators and view and hide the cameras at different locations to get a bird's eye view of the safety around the place.
• Multiple Viewing: Using VMS, you can view multiple video streams simultaneously and effectively monitor multiple areas of interest. Configure the most critical locations for the salvo, set up basic information, add cameras, and get a complete view of your premises.
• Cloud storage: VMS uses NVRs that are specifically designed to work with cloud storage. You can store a large amount of data on the cloud and access recorded video content from anywhere using your computer, smartphone, or tablet. Since the files are not stored locally, even if your equipment is damaged or stolen, the videos are still safe.
• Virtual Tours: Modern VMS offers a tour feature that allows operators to preset a sequence of cameras to automatically browse. Create a new tour, give it a name and description, set a default break time, add the cameras and recorders needed for the tour, and get a virtual tour of your site based on the camera sequence.
Given the speed of evolution of video equipment, it becomes extremely difficult to monitor a high-resolution amount of video data that skyrockets. From subway stations and airports to casinos and urban roads – operators must view multiple cameras at once in order to get a complete and uninterrupted overview of a place. Modern VMS enables security operators to effectively manage high-resolution video streams in their day-to-day work. With ultra-high resolution, advanced search options, maps, virtual tours and cloud storage, VMS is exactly what you need to protect your assets!