Since, for most people, the value of their home is their only – greatest financial asset, it would not make sense and would be beneficial when the time comes to try to sell it, hire a real estate agent, who understands the local market and realistically can assess fair market value? For a variety of reasons, many homeowners have an unrealistic outlook on their home’s true value, and when a home is listed unrealistically priced, rather than correctly, early on, it usually hurts in the end. – results! With that in mind, this article will attempt, briefly, to examine, examine, review, and discuss 5 Reasons Real Estate Agents Should Correctly Recognize and Consider Fair Market Value When Suggesting Prices.
1. Manage expectations: Since the process of marketing and selling a home goes more smoothly, when the agent and the client are on the same page and working together as a true team player, it is important for the agent to hire, manage your expectations realistically. , telling you, what you need to know, not just what you want to hear (TM).
2. Initial listing price, in the right range: Avoid the mistake of determining and setting the initial listing price for your home in an emotional and uninformed manner, but do so based on a competitive market analysis or professionally prepared CMA. This should point you to the best range to list your home.
3. Know the pros and cons: The agent you are looking for must know and understand the local market, and how your property compares to others, listed, for sale, in the real estate market! It is necessary, to know and better understand, and to explain to yourself clearly, the comparables, the strengths and the weaknesses, in relation to the others. Take the time and make the effort to understand the pros and cons that could make a difference.
4. Evaluate potential offers: Hire an agent who is able, objectively, to assess potential offers and suggest, if you would be better off, to accept or decline one, and / or offer a counter-offer!
5. Close the good deals: There are smart bargains out there, and some might not be the right ones, for your home in particular! The initial competitive market analysis should help guide you, so you might know when and where a specific offer may fall, within a specific range! Once, it is logical, the efficiency of your agent, must help, to conclude, the good deal!
Be careful, and make selling your home less stressful and more beneficial! Will you be prepared and hire the best agent, for your needs and goals?