The icy “hot market” – 5 tips to avoid the tundra zone
Definitions by Wikipedia: Warm Market – In sales and direct marketing, your warm market is said to be people you know, which can be friends, relatives and existing customers, even referrals are said to be warm.
You are hot! You’ve just joined your first network marketing business and you’re ready to set the market on fire! Or, maybe it’s not your first MLM, but it’s the same scenario because this time things are going to be different. He is the one who will change your life. The product is amazing and the opportunity is even better! You are sure that this network marketing trick will be a stress-free way for you to enjoy personal and financial success. You are on the right track to get there!
Your millionaire mentors in your upline have asked you to start by making a list of your friends, family, acquaintances, and anyone you may have come into contact with over the past 10 years. This is the “Hot Market” list. They may even have introduced you to the Memory Jogger so you don’t forget anyone. The Memory jogger is basically a list of all the service industries, associations, professions, or other buzzwords that might trigger a potential lead. Your brain is spinning and you see success in your hand!
Your list is done and let’s go! You go through your immediate family, up to your loved ones, friends, teachers, coaches. Then, your accountant, your plumber, your dentist, your doctor and nothing stops you! Everyone needs to know about your amazing product and opportunity!
A funny thing happens next. You notice that your friends are no longer answering your calls. You are not invited to the family reunion. All salespeople avoid you at the grocery store. Acquaintances seem to ignore you. Your child’s teacher cancels your parent conference. And, if this isn’t your first network marketing or MLM business, you may be hearing whispers or snickers behind your back. It has to be your imagination…isn’t it?
OK, it might not be that extreme, but tapping into your warm market with your first or 5th network marketing or MLM business can blow a subzero breeze into your relationships. Your enthusiasm, credibility, perseverance, and even the fact that your product or opportunity is truly amazing, can jump-start your career. Building your business by following this method, however, could not only hurt your friendships, but also lead to an underdeveloped base for your downline.
No matter what type of business or industry you’re in, you want to build on a solid foundation. You definitely don’t want your foundation to “melt” under you because you’re building it with people who are more interested in helping. You than to help themselves. Be sure to build with these like-minded individuals who will work with you to continue to ensure success for all team members.
Here are 5 tips to avoid the tundra zone:
1. Learn to avoid the hot market. as the first point of contact! Remember, these are your family and friends, they are curious! As they see you succeeding, they’ll start asking what you’re doing and then you can get them to ask for the information! Or, just take the opportunity to share the good fortune! Let them come to you.
2. Build a marketing campaign. based on leads from like-minded people or people with a need or desire for what you have to offer. This can be done through many different avenues, including buying leads directly or generating your own through the internet. Your best prospect is a targeted prospect!
3. Use the Internet to grow your business. Develop a website or have one designed for you with a landing page that will generate leads. Do not rely solely on the Company website or one provided to you by your Company. This site was designed for information and not for lead generation!
4. Use an autoresponder and a good way to capture the data collected by your site. This data is your source of leads and it is the qualified leads you want! These people are your true “warm market”. They’re looking to get more information about what you’re offering them and have taken steps to get it.
5. Use the phone! Master the phone by contacting the prospects who are waiting for you to contact them without avoiding you at all costs! Call them while they’re hot, follow up, and let your incredible enthusiasm for your superior product/opportunity do the rest! Network marketing is a business of people helping people.
Your success and savvy business practices will keep your hot market from turning freezing and keep your family and friends by your side! Remember that you are 100% responsible for your success! The right training and marketing tools are key to achieving true stress-free success.